Splunk Search

Lookup csv

wj
Engager

May I know if there is any size limit of the csv file when performing a lookup?

I'm doing a lookup to a csv with around 300k records, encounter the error below.

Encountered an error while reading file 'D:\Splunk\var\run\splunk\dispatchtmp\subsearch_admin__admin__search

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Karma

MillerTime
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Upgrading Splunk to 4.3.4 should fix the issue

0 Karma

Drainy
Champion

Is that the exact error? It looks similar to a current splunk bug on 4.3.3 which occurs when you have a sub search in your search string. Csvs can contain many many more records than 300k so it could be the aforementioned bug you are hitting instead.

Update:

Subsearch failing with the error "Encountered an error while reading file '/opt/splunk/var/run/splunk/dispatchtmp/subsearch_/prereport_.csv.gz'.", the workaround is to format the fields with the command fields instead of table at the end of the sub search. (SPL-52862)

Drainy
Champion

Yeah this sounds like the bug. No subsearch included? Also it may pop up somewhere else. Bear in mind that CSV at the end of that is unrelated to the fact that you may be using a CSV in your search. I've updated my answer with the bug detail. I believe a fix is due in the next maintenance release.

0 Karma

wj
Engager

Hi Drainy,

The full error message.

Encountered an error while reading file 'D:\Splunk\var\run\splunk\dispatchtmp\subsearch_admin_admin_search_TWFsaWNpb3VzIElQIHNlYXJjaCBieSBkc3Q_1344931019.717_1344931019.1\collapse-132809093_0.csv.gz'.

I was able to perform the same search with a smaller csv file though.

Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...