Splunk Search

Looking to query a domain account and find out the device it is logged into or running on

Sotu
Engager

I wrote a simple query to parse my Windows Event Security logs to look for a user account, however I am looking to add onto this and find out which devices the accounts are running on.

index="wineventlog" source="WinEventLog:Security" user="domainaccount"

My end goal is to be able to type in a domain account in my search and find what device its associated with or is running as a service under.  

Labels (3)
0 Karma

Sotu
Engager

Thanks! I am still learning Splunk and will modify my query to check for the events.

0 Karma

deepakc
Builder

You normally need to find the events that show you the data, so these need to be logged first and then into Splunk, so check to see if the below events are there and search for those based on the user.

Search for eventid field - I cant remeber the exact name, but it should be there.

The below events many help find the data you are looking for for others check on Google plenty there. 

EventCode=4624: Successful user logon (interactive logon).
EventCode=4625: Failed user logon attempt.
EventCode=4648: Logon using explicit credentials (e.g., "Run As" or services).

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

WATCH NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If exploited, ...

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...