Splunk Search

Limiting lookup options using a token

ft_kd02
Path Finder

Hi all,

I have a lookup and I'd like to filter based on tokenized value. The lookup dropdown also sets a different token based on selection. This would normally be a simple task, but I've been asked to have the lookup pre-filtered based on who is using the app. Each item in the dropdown represents a different user. 

The lookup:

| inputlookup $tokLookup$
| fields field_description, field
| dedup field,field_description

field for label = field_description
field for value = field

The pseudo code of what I'd like to do is simple:

| where field="$tokUserRole$"

Is this possible within the constraints, such that I'm only producing the single value from the lookup corresponding to the user?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ft_kd02
Path Finder

Turned out to be a issue in how the data was handled before it hit the token and when the token was populated. The above solution should work:

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ft_kd02
Path Finder

Turned out to be a issue in how the data was handled before it hit the token and when the token was populated. The above solution should work:

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...