Splunk Search

Limit search results to those in a LOOKUP table

atornes
Path Finder

I have a lookup table with a bunch of results. There is a a field called "accounts" representing a list of customers. Our splunk index has data on many more accounts than the lookup table has. How can I limit the results of my query to only the ones in the Lookup table?

In pseudo code terms, I want to pull all accounts from the lookup table into the array, then limit my search with a WHERE command to the accounts in the array.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

kristian_kolb
Ultra Champion

Search like so;

your_search_for_all_events_with_accounts [| inputlookup your_lookup_file | fields + accounts]

the subsearch (in square brackets) will run first and return a list of acctouns in the format

(accounts=aaaa) OR (accounts=bbbb) OR (accounts=cccc) OR (accounts=dddd)

which are added to the outer search, which is then run.

/k

View solution in original post

kristian_kolb
Ultra Champion

Search like so;

your_search_for_all_events_with_accounts [| inputlookup your_lookup_file | fields + accounts]

the subsearch (in square brackets) will run first and return a list of acctouns in the format

(accounts=aaaa) OR (accounts=bbbb) OR (accounts=cccc) OR (accounts=dddd)

which are added to the outer search, which is then run.

/k

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...