Splunk Search

LDAP user role setting

anoopambli
Communicator

I have configured LDAP for user authorization and role management. I want all the users in our organization have limited access to our splunk instance, basically they should be able to get in and get limited access to data. I talked to the LDAP admin here and he asked to take out the group based filtering option so that it does not filter users based on any group membership. I tried that but whats happening it it is pulling up all the AD groups but have no roles mapped to it. There are close to 1000 groups getting pulled up that way and i cant sit and assign splunk role to it.

Is there anyway i can assign role to all these groups at one go?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

rijhwani
Explorer

No, but you could get all the users assigned to a Splunk group in the LDAP, and craft your group search accordingly. It is, after all, how LDAP was supposed to be used.

0 Karma

anoopambli
Communicator

ok, i will check with LDAP guys to see if they already hav global group present.

0 Karma

grijhwani
Motivator

True enough.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Depending on how your LDAP is built, there may already be a global users group containing everyone.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...