Splunk Search

Is this the actual total cost of Splunk?

mustafag1
Explorer

Hello all,

I will be contacting the sales team as well but for now I wanted to get some clearer idea of the actual cost breakdown for Splunk with anyone who may have firsthand knowledge.
On the Pricing Calculator page we can see that a 100 GB/day connection costs $63 per GB and multiplying that by 12 for each month gives us $756 shown as $750 on the same page

alt text

Now using this if we multiply this by 30 for each day of the month and multiply that by 100 for the 100 GB, is it fair to assume the total cost (which includes service as it is the annual license) is at least $2,250,000 per year.

Cost per GB/Day - 63
Days per Month - 30
Months per Year - 12
GB Used per day - 100
63*30*12*100 = 2268000

Please correct me if I have misinterpreted the breakdown as I need to present the estimated yearly costs for using Splunk to our team.

Thanks.

0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @mustafag1,
there an error in your calculation, the license is for 100 GB/day, and this means that you can consume until 100 GB for each day (and you can exceed 5 times in 30 solar days) , but the cost isn't for day is an annual cost, not a daily cost!

You can see in https://www.splunk.com/en_us/products/pricing/calculator.html that an annual subscription for 100 GB/day costs 690 $/GB, this means 69K$ for one year.

Probably these values aren't fully exact because in the above page there still the value of the perpetual license that is over, but the order of magnitude of the prize should be correct and my hint is to wait for the prize of the sales man.

Ciao.
Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @mustafag1,
there an error in your calculation, the license is for 100 GB/day, and this means that you can consume until 100 GB for each day (and you can exceed 5 times in 30 solar days) , but the cost isn't for day is an annual cost, not a daily cost!

You can see in https://www.splunk.com/en_us/products/pricing/calculator.html that an annual subscription for 100 GB/day costs 690 $/GB, this means 69K$ for one year.

Probably these values aren't fully exact because in the above page there still the value of the perpetual license that is over, but the order of magnitude of the prize should be correct and my hint is to wait for the prize of the sales man.

Ciao.
Giuseppe

mustafag1
Explorer

It seems that my mistake was multiplying the number of days. I did suspect that the 30 would be the overkill for the calculations.
Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...