Splunk Search

Is there any way to use another function as fillnull to fill null spaces?

KalebeRS
Explorer

Hello.

I have a table with a column for Releases, in this case, a bunch of them does not have releases. I used the fillnull function in this specific field, but it's not working. In this table I have other columns that I have null values as well, but for the other ones the fillnull worked. How can I do the same for the releases field?

KalebeRS_0-1689329803905.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Null is not the same as an empty string - perhaps your Releases field has an empty string or is just spaces - try something like this

| eval Release=if(trim(Release)="","No release available",Release)

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Null is not the same as an empty string - perhaps your Releases field has an empty string or is just spaces - try something like this

| eval Release=if(trim(Release)="","No release available",Release)

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...