Splunk Search

Is there any way to pass JavaScript variable to search module in view XML?

kasu_praveen
Communicator

Is there any way to pass JavaScript variable to search module in view XML?

My JavaScript code (application.js) generates field list to filter out the search results in my view XML. Is there any way to pass data from JS to view XML?

JavaScript code:

`function myCustomFunc(){
var fieldList
return fieldList;
}`

View XML:

`<module name="Search" layoutPanel="appHeader">
<param name="search">
...|...|...| table fieldList
</param>
</module>`
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can use the CustomBehavior module available in SideviewUtils. For an example of setting a value that can be used as $value$ in downstream modules you can take a look at the search_exploder view along with its search_exploder.js JavaScript file.

View solution in original post

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can use the CustomBehavior module available in SideviewUtils. For an example of setting a value that can be used as $value$ in downstream modules you can take a look at the search_exploder view along with its search_exploder.js JavaScript file.

helenashton
Path Finder

A follow on from this:
My understanding is that this requires editing a js file. And it seems like I might have to have the same validation for all input boxes?
Is there a way to specify this from within the advanced XML dashboard?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...