Splunk Search

Is there an easy way to remove a section of string from a field?

SMM10
Explorer

I want to get an alert and run it but there are items I wanted to remove.

| rest "/servicesNS/-/-/saved/searches"
| search title="SomeAlert"
| fields qualifiedSearch

So far I am able to get my search but there is a line in there I want to remove, and then display my result. For example if the following was a line in qualifiedSearch.

| rename test1 as test, rename operation1 as operation

Is there an easy way I can use rex or something else to find this string in qualifiedSearch and remove it?

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| makeresults 
| eval search=[| rest splunk_server=local /servicesNS/-/-/saved/searches | where title="SomeAlert" | fields qualifiedSearch | rename qualifiedSearch as query | format "" "" "" "" "" ""]
| eval search=replace(search,"\| rename test1 as test, rename operation1 as operation", "")
| map search="| makeresults | map search="$search$

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| makeresults 
| eval search=[| rest splunk_server=local /servicesNS/-/-/saved/searches | where title="SomeAlert" | fields qualifiedSearch | rename qualifiedSearch as query | format "" "" "" "" "" ""]
| eval search=replace(search,"\| rename test1 as test, rename operation1 as operation", "")
| map search="| makeresults | map search="$search$
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...