Splunk Search

Is there a way to drilldown to two different dashboards depending on column i click?

adityapavan18
Contributor

In my dashboard, it loads data into a table with 4 columns

Now what i require is to drill down to Dashboard1 if any cell is clicked in column1.
If any cell is clicked in column2 i want to drill down to Dashboard2.

No Drill down should happen if any cell clicked in Column 3 and 4.

Is there way i can achieve this??

Tags (2)

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I don't think you can use the Dynamic Drilldown feature here, because you say you need the page to not redirect when certain columns are clicked. Maybe there's a way that Dynamic Drilldown can do that but I don't think so.

Fortunately this is fairly easy in Sideview Utils, although it uses some "lesser known" features. I am assuming that you have a SimpleResultsTable module on the page, with its drilldown param set to "all".

Downstream from the SimpleResultsTable module first we use the Sideview ValueSetter module to create a $foo$ token called $dynamicURL$, that will be set to "Dashboard1" or "Dashboard2" as appropriate and that will be null if any other value is clicked.

Then we use the Sideview Gate module to only let the cascading push through if the $dynamicURL$ token is defined. This ensures that the only way the user will redirect is by clicking the two appropriate columns.

Then finally we use the Redirector module to plug in the URL along with whatever drilldown arguments and timeranges we want to pass over to the target page.

<module name="ValueSetter">
  <param name="name">dynamicURL</param>
  <param name="if.$click.name2=column1">Dashboard1</param>
  <param name="if.$click.name2=column2">Dashboard2</param>

<module name="Gate">
    <param name="requiredKeys">dynamicURL</param>

<module name="Redirector">
      <param name="url">$dynamicURL$</param>
      <param name="arg.foo">$click.fields.foo.rawValue$</param>
      <param name="arg.earliest">$search.timeRange.earliest$</param>
      <param name="arg.latest">$search.timeRange.latest$</param>
    </module>
  </module>
</module>

http://sideviewapps.com/apps/sideview-utils

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

Yes, the feature in Splunk is called Dynamic Drilldown. You can learn more about it, starting with this section in the documentation: Dynamic drilldown in dashboards

You will also find a large number of questions and answers about dynamic drilldown in this forum if you search it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...