Splunk Search

Is there a way to display a different name in a drop-down list, but use the original string value in the search using the chart replace function?

sreelesh_n

Hi

I have a drop-down and Chart/List. The chart should show the event on the item selected from list.

Is there a way display the ProcessContext_ProjectName in the drop-down list removing Java, but while searching, it should use original string?
The replace function is working replace "Java*" with "*" IN ProcessContext_ProjectName, but while doing the search below on another chart from token_projectname2 , it should pick up from the original string including Java.
Right now, the chart is always giving a blank result if I do a filter by Replace.

<input type="dropdown" token="token_projectname2" searchWhenChanged="true">
      <search>
        <query>index=u2 sourcetype=jms_body_header_txt     | dedup   ProcessContext_ProjectName | table ProcessContext_ProjectName</query>
        <earliest>0</earliest>
        <latest></latest>
      </search>
      <fieldForLabel>ProcessContext_ProjectName</fieldForLabel>
      <fieldForValue>ProcessContext_ProjectName</fieldForValue>
    </input>
0 Karma

gyslainlatsa
Motivator

hi sreelesh_n,

try to write like this: replace "Java *" WITH "*" IN ProcessContext_ProjectName

if that does not work, please me you post your entire code and then I can look at the problem.

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

The dropdown takes two parameters Name field and Value field. You could add a field for the name like | eval name_field=replace(ProcessContext_ProjectName, "Java*", "*") and then in the dropdown, use the name_field for the fieldForLabel and set value field as ProcessContext_ProjectName.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...