Splunk Search

Is there a way to deduplicate event in summary index

Daniel_Pham
Explorer

I created a report for finding list intersection of two set

A: inputlookup spam_ip (Indicator of compromise)

B: index=main (event log)

| inputlookup spam_ip | join srcip [ search index=main | rename ip  as srcip | fields srcip ] | summaryindex spool=t uselb=t addtime=t index="threat_summary" file="RMD55f183b338b214f84_487362985.stash_new" name="matches test" marker=""

and Time range : All day (because event in two sets grow daily,)

after the report  runs, it adds result into summary index. The problem is the result contains all event added before

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

aasabatini
Motivator

Hi @Daniel_Pham 

why don't use a lookup command direclty?

I mean if you use static data from lookup on your search without a timestamp, is normal if you have duplicate.

Now I don't know your set of data, but try this search and let me know if works for you.

index=main | rename ip  as srcip | lookup spam_ip srcip

If this search works your schedule avoid to deduplicate the data

Regards

Alessandro

“The answer is out there, Neo, and it’s looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.”
0 Karma

Daniel_Pham
Explorer

Your search works, but my expected results are events from lookup not main index

This is my lookup data

asn,classification,confidence,country,date_first,date_last,detail,id,itype,lat,lon,maltype,org,resource_uri,severity,source,actor,tipreport,type,srcip,domain,md5,email,url	

And all event data contains a ip field and not the same name. 

The schedule must be All day,  because any incoming event log from main index can be in lookup,  and vice versa

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...