Splunk Search

Is it possible to order the entities on the REST API by order of date instead of alphabetically?

ralphmct
Path Finder

As title. I'm using the setup.xml and the admin/passwords endpoint, though I would create a custom endpoint if needed. Will an existing or custom endpoint allow for the entities to be ordered starting most recent first?

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ralphmct
Path Finder

For anyone who comes to this with the same problem. I didn't figure out how to change the order on the REST API but I did manage a workaround. The configuration files hold the sequential order, so I read through the local conf file entry and matched it with the REST API version to get the one I wanted.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ralphmct
Path Finder

For anyone who comes to this with the same problem. I didn't figure out how to change the order on the REST API but I did manage a workaround. The configuration files hold the sequential order, so I read through the local conf file entry and matched it with the REST API version to get the one I wanted.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability - Improvements to Custom Metrics SLOs, Log Observer Connect & ...

The latest enhancements to the Splunk observability portfolio deliver improved SLO management accuracy, better ...

Improve Data Pipelines Using Splunk Data Management

Register Now   This Tech Talk will explore the pipeline management offerings Edge Processor and Ingest ...

3-2-1 Go! How Fast Can You Debug Microservices with Observability Cloud?

Register Join this Tech Talk to learn how unique features like Service Centric Views, Tag Spotlight, and ...