Splunk Search

Inputlookup Multiple Tables from REST

jamin358
Explorer

I have a number of Lookups that I create with similar naming convention (and plan to create more in the future).

I want to be able to have a saved search that searches across all these lookups.

The following does not work as subsearches returned provide a litsearch of  (title="chosen_lookups_abcd" OR title="chosen_lookups_bcda" ) 

|inputlookup append=t [|rest /servicesNS/-/-/data/lookup-table-files | search title=chosen_lookups* | table title ]

Ideally, something like the following would work

| inputlookup append=t chosen_lookups*

Thanks in advance 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The inputlookup command reads from a single lookup.  There is no provision for reading multiple files at once (via wildcards, for instance).  Go to https://ideas.splunk.com to make a case for this enhancement to inputlookup.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Monitoring Postgres with OpenTelemetry

Behind every business-critical application, you’ll find databases. These behind-the-scenes stores power ...

Mastering Synthetic Browser Testing: Pro Tips to Keep Your Web App Running Smoothly

To start, if you're new to synthetic monitoring, I recommend exploring this synthetic monitoring overview. In ...

Splunk Edge Processor | Popular Use Cases to Get Started with Edge Processor

Splunk Edge Processor offers more efficient, flexible data transformation – helping you reduce noise, control ...