Splunk Search

In Config Files, are Slashes and Backslashes (non stanza headers) treated same?

jchensor
Communicator

I have a props.conf file where I need to point to a custom DATETIME_CONFIG xml file. Now, this file may go to either a Linux box or a Windows box. So right now, my DATETIME_CONFIG line looks as such:

DATETIME_CONFIG = ./FILE_datetime.xml

Will Splunk properly interpret this on both Windows and Linux? Or do I have to make special props.conf files for Linux and Windows, the latter being one with Backslashes instead?

I know they must be different when it comes to Stanza Headers. But being able to use RegEx in those helps, so I can do something like "source::.[\/]pathname[\/]filename.ext". But I'm not sure if that works in a VALUE under the stanza.

Thanks.

• James
0 Karma

ziegfried
Influencer

As far as I know there is no path delimiter normalization in Splunk atm. At least with file monitors and scripted inputs this is the case. So my guess is you will have to create a separate props.conf for Windows.

0 Karma

jchensor
Communicator

Also, I just learned that relative path doesn't seem to work for that variable. It HAS to be the "full" path from "$SPLUNK_HOME$".

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...