Splunk Search

How to track impossible travel events for users who are logging in to applications using Duo 2fa?

drathbo

Good afternoon,

I'm looking for a way to track impossible travel events for users who are logging in to applications using Duo 2fa. Basically if a user gets a duo push from an IP, lets say in America, then another duo event in France within a short time period, this would be an event we want to investigate. Is it possible to do this using splunk queries?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There are examples of that query in the Splunk Security Examples app.  None of them fit your exact scenario, but they should be adaptable to your environment.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

drathbo

Thanks for the answer. What is the Splunk Security Examples app? I logged into my splunk instance and didn't see an app with that name. Thanks again!

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

if you don't see the SSE app on your instance then it will have to be installed from splunkbase (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3435).

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...