Splunk Search

Ignore results that do not appear in a separate search

Amohlmann
Communicator

A quick run down of what I want first:
I have a bunch of data flowing in for production, test, and training environments. I would like to filter out the test and training environments. Each environment has a unique ID which I would like to cross reference from a database using DBX. Then run stats on the remaining results

The two searches I want to combine:

host=MASTER *error* Message=$ErrorSelection$|stats count by siteID|sort -num(count)

And

| dbquery "SQLDB" "SELECT * FROM SubscriptionTable WHERE IsProduction=1"

I would like to join both searches by their "siteID" then only display the sitesIDs that have IsProduction=1

0 Karma

stephane_cyrill
Builder

remove the pipe between search and dbquery
In the answer of NOUMSSI.

0 Karma

NOUMSSI
Builder

Hi try this:

host=MASTER *error* Message=$ErrorSelection$|stats count by siteID|sort -num(count) | join [search | dbquery "SQLDB" "SELECT * FROM SubscriptionTable WHERE IsProduction=1"]

NOUMSSI
Builder

ok try this:

host=MASTER *error* Message=$ErrorSelection$|stats count by siteID|sort -num(count) | join [search  dbquery "SQLDB" "SELECT * FROM SubscriptionTable WHERE IsProduction=1"]

I've just remove pipe

0 Karma

Amohlmann
Communicator

I get the following error:
Error in 'dbquery' command: This command must be the first command of a search.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...