Splunk Search

I would like to use timechart to show the trend for 7days using below

phoebepascual

source=IN1 STATUS=SUCCESS OR STATUS=FAILED earliest=-2d@d+14h latest=-1d@d+14h APP=DEV
| stats count(APP) as "numberof_actuals"
| appendcols
[| inputlookup Indus_bim_ocf_lookup.csv
| stats count(eval(APP=DEV)) as "numberof_lkup"
]
| eval difference=(numberof_lkup - numberof_actuals)
| eval status=if(difference>=1, "MISSING", "")
| chart sum(difference) -----> i would like to use timechart but its not working, can you help?

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Give this a try
UPdated - both searches*

source=IN1 STATUS=SUCCESS OR STATUS=FAILED earliest=-8d@d+14h latest=-1d@d+14h APP=DEV
| timechart span=1d count as "numberof_actuals" 
| eval "numberof_lkup"=[| inputlookup Indus_bim_ocf_lookup.csv | stats count(eval(APP="DEV")) as search] 
| timechart span=1d sum(difference)

OR (if you need to do a 14h adjustment in your data)

source=IN1 STATUS=SUCCESS OR STATUS=FAILED earliest=-8d@d+14h latest=-1d@d+14h APP=DEV
| eval _time=relative_time(_time,"-14h")
| timechart span=1d count as "numberof_actuals" 
| eval "numberof_lkup"=[| inputlookup Indus_bim_ocf_lookup.csv | stats count(eval(APP="DEV")) as search] 
| timechart span=1d sum(difference)
0 Karma

phoebepascual

This also works for timechart, but the value expected is not correct.
The 7 day trend that I need is for "batch runs from 2pm to <2pm daily".
When I changed the earliest to -7d or -8d, the numbers are not correct anymore, is there a way I can subquery the above and get the -7day trend?

0 Karma

phoebepascual

Hello,
seems that below is not working,
| eval "numberof_lkup"=[| inputlookup Indus_bim_ocf_lookup.csv | stats count(eval(APP=DEV)) as search]

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I believe the updated version would work. (double quotes were missing, in your question too)

0 Karma

Vijeta
Influencer

@phoebepascual Firstly your earliest and latest values don't give 7 days of data, you may need to change it to -7d if you looking for 7 day.

source=IN1 STATUS=SUCCESS OR STATUS=FAILED earliest=-7d@d+14h latest=-1d@d+14h APP=DEV
|bin span=1d _time| stats count(APP) as "numberof_actuals"  by _time| appendcols [| inputlookup Indus_bim_ocf_lookup.csv 
| stats count(eval(APP=DEV)) as "numberof_lkup" 
]
| eval status=if(difference>=1, "MISSING", "")
| timechart sum(difference) 

You need to use timechart command and also in your first stats

0 Karma

phoebepascual

Thank you Vijeta! Yes it works! but.. the 7 day trend that I need is for "batch runs from 2pm to <2pm daily".
When I changed the earliest to -7d, the numbers are not correct anymore, is there a way I can subquery the above and get the -7day trend?

0 Karma

Vijeta
Influencer

@phoebepascual Can you please specify the output you are getting and the output you are looking for?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...