Splunk Search

I need complete this query find the top 5 viewed products referred by a domain.

EdwinOssa
Engager

This is my sentence but is not completed. I can't find the solution on Doc.

index=main sourcetype=acc* action=view [search sourcetype=acc* status=200 action=view | top limit=5 referer_domain | table referer_domain productName] | stats count,values(productName),distinct_count(productId) by referer_domain

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @EdwinOssa your query is perfect one.. the field "productName" is not available. only "ProductId" is available. 

so, you could run:

index=main sourcetype=acc* action=view [search sourcetype=acc* status=200 action=view | top limit=5 referer_domain | table referer_domain] | stats count,values(productId),distinct_count(productId) by referer_domain

access.pngaccess1.png

View solution in original post

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @EdwinOssa your query is perfect one.. the field "productName" is not available. only "ProductId" is available. 

so, you could run:

index=main sourcetype=acc* action=view [search sourcetype=acc* status=200 action=view | top limit=5 referer_domain | table referer_domain] | stats count,values(productId),distinct_count(productId) by referer_domain

access.pngaccess1.png

EdwinOssa
Engager

Thank you so much for your help. Appreciated your time for reply my request. I'm new learning splunk and I have some difficulties to find some results. could you help me one last time with this query.

Plot a trellis chart showing the average time spent on the Buttercup Games website for each user session by browser.

-this is my solution but I'm stuck with the average.

index=main sourcetype=acc* referer_domain=http://www.buttercupgames.com action=view | top limit=20 useragent | chart avg(percent) 

after this I only got one line 

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Sure @EdwinOssa , no problems.. i appreciate your questions and wish you best of luck for your splunk learnings .. (sorry for the late reply)

1) the "chart avg(percent)" is missing a "by" field.. generally

"chart avg(time_spent) by referer_domain"

Please check the search reference document for chart command syntax and examples:

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.6/SearchReference/Chart#Basic_examples

2) the time_spent field is not available on the logs i think(i am not sure of the last number that appears on these logs.. that may be the time_spent, but i am not sure)

3) referer_domain is just 4 on these logs. so something missing on your requirement. 

Please let us know more details. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...