Splunk Search

I have installed splunk enterprise version on windows 2008 R2 server. I am not able to access the splunk web outside the server.

naagaraj
Engager

We have installed the splunk enterprise version 7.0.2 on a windows server 2008 R2.
However we are not able to access the splunk web outside the server using the URL Http://Ipaddress:8000.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

bhavikbhalodia
Path Finder

Hi @naagaraj,

First of all, it is not advisable to run Splunk on a windows server, but if you still want to use windows server than in your case I think there is an issue with the firewall. You have to allow instances to access 8000 port for a windows server on which Splunk installed. You can check this thing by run below command on an instance from you are trying to access Splunk.

telnet ipaddress_of_splunk_server 8000

By use of the above command, you came to know that your instance can connect to Splunk server or not.

If your instance can not connect to Splunk server than check rules of firewall of the instance from which you are accessing Splunk. The rules of firewall of the instace from which you are accessing Splunk must contains 8000 port for outbound to access Splunk server.

Thanks,
Bhavik

0 Karma

xavierashe
Contributor

I hope you have a really good reason for running a Windows 2008 server! It just pains me to see that in 2018!

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@naagaraj, firewall on your windows machine might be blocking the connection on port 8000

Happy Splunking!

mstjohn_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @naagaraj,

Are you still having trouble with this issue? If so, please answer the commenter above so that they can help you further. Or, if you solved your query, would you mind describing the steps you took as an answer below so that others can learn from your solution?

Thanks for posting!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...