Splunk Search

Howto use _time to compare with field with time

krusovice
Path Finder

Hello,

I've a field with date/time in it. The field name is system_created_on=2019-04-26 09:38:24.

I have a time picker and I would like to use the date selected to compare with a field with date/time. For example, when user select 4/26/2019, I need to have the query to match with"2019-04-26" from system_created_on field. How can I achieve this?

Thanks.

1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

index=YouShouldAlwaysSpecifyAnIndex AND sourcetype=AndSourcetypeToo eatliest=0 latest=now
| eval system_created_on=strptime(system_created_on, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S")
| addinfo
| where (system_created_on >= info_min_time AND system_created_on <= info_max_time)
| fieldformat system_created_on=strftime(system_created_on, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S")

View solution in original post

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

index=YouShouldAlwaysSpecifyAnIndex AND sourcetype=AndSourcetypeToo eatliest=0 latest=now
| eval system_created_on=strptime(system_created_on, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S")
| addinfo
| where (system_created_on >= info_min_time AND system_created_on <= info_max_time)
| fieldformat system_created_on=strftime(system_created_on, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S")

krusovice
Path Finder

Wow thanks, it works!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...