Splunk Search

How to write an eval condition to replace a field ?

pavanae
Builder

I have a query which displays some tabular results and when a certain condition is matched for 2 field values I want to insert a new value to Field_A like below

If field_A="not registered" and field_B="PROVISIONING" for a list of hosts then I want to change the Field_A value from "not registered" to "registered but not monitored"

How can I write an eval condition to satisfy the above. I have some how managed to get a little further like below

| eval field_A=if(field_A=="not registered" AND field_B=="PROVISIONING")

Please complete the above part eval condition above if someone knows how to do it?

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

How about this?

| eval field_A=if(field_A=="not registered" AND field_B=="PROVISIONING", "regiestred but not monitored", field_A)

View solution in original post

aalaa
Path Finder

hello , Please how can i create a condition in a search to replace an event with a name , even if this event does not exist at the moment

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

How about this?

| eval field_A=if(field_A=="not registered" AND field_B=="PROVISIONING", "regiestred but not monitored", field_A)
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...