Splunk Search

How to view percentages in column chart instead of total values without calculating percentages in search?

HeinzWaescher
Motivator

Hi,

I'm using a column visualization and the stack mode "100%". It would be nice to have the percentages in the chart instead of total values. Is this possible without calculating the percentages in the search?

BR

Heinz

1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Calculating that in search isn't hard though:

index=_internal | timechart count by sourcetype | addtotals fieldname=_Total | foreach * [eval <<FIELD>> = '<<FIELD>>' * 100 / _Total] | fields - _Total

You can move the addtotals | foreach | fields into a macro and reuse it.

View solution in original post

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Calculating that in search isn't hard though:

index=_internal | timechart count by sourcetype | addtotals fieldname=_Total | foreach * [eval <<FIELD>> = '<<FIELD>>' * 100 / _Total] | fields - _Total

You can move the addtotals | foreach | fields into a macro and reuse it.

HeinzWaescher
Motivator

Awesome, didn't know it can be done so easy. Thanks!

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I don't think so.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...