Splunk Search

How to use color to highlight similar host?

priya0709
Path Finder

My query searches for eventcode and displays (host, time, task category, message) i want to use some color to highlight all  same hosts generating multiple eventcode??

please help with the query

Labels (1)
0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Once report is generated, you can edit columns and apply color based on field text.

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

aashiqwork
Explorer

Put your search query and create an new event type based on your hosts and set the priority so that we will get host highlighted in your search result. 

0 Karma

priya0709
Path Finder

8BD1CF2D-3A47-436C-9B9E-35EACECD13B2.jpeg

 i want entire row to be highlighted with some colors based on same hosts??

can you please help with query??

0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's easy to apply color for values in a column. you have to save the report or add report to dashboard to apply colors to single column like below:

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 3.45.32 PM.png

but your requirement is to color entire line based on one field text value, in this case you have to write js and css as mentioned in below answers.
https://community.splunk.com/t5/Splunk-Search/Change-the-color-of-rows-in-a-table-based-on-text-valu...

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...