Splunk Search

How to update a lookup table for specific rows?

nazanin2016
Path Finder

I need to keep the name of all systems that have been detected for phishing in order to use it in another search,
so I update my lookup table with scheduled search as follow:

inputlookup phishing.csv | append [look for phishing logs]| outputlookup phishing.csv

I used append command to keep the previous rows, but I just need to keep each raw only for 1 week from the time it has been added to table (I mean give the time to live=1h)

Any idea?

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try like this. This will add a column called addedtime to all rows with the time they were added (using scheduled search). The where filter will remove rows older than 1 week from now.

inputlookup phishing.csv | append [look for phishing logs ] | eval addedtime=coalesce(addedtime,now()) | where addedtime>relative_time(now(),"-1w") | outputlookup phishing.csv

View solution in original post

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try like this. This will add a column called addedtime to all rows with the time they were added (using scheduled search). The where filter will remove rows older than 1 week from now.

inputlookup phishing.csv | append [look for phishing logs ] | eval addedtime=coalesce(addedtime,now()) | where addedtime>relative_time(now(),"-1w") | outputlookup phishing.csv

nazanin2016
Path Finder

Great,thx,but then shouldn't we say where addedtime <

0 Karma

nazanin2016
Path Finder

Great,thx,but then shouldn't we say where addedtime

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

I didn't get it. Did portion of your comment got truncated?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

New This Month - Observability Updates Give Extended Visibility and Improve User ...

This month is a collection of special news! From Magic Quadrant updates to AppDynamics integrations to ...

Intro to Splunk Synthetic Monitoring

In our last post, we mentioned that the 3 key pieces of observability – metrics, logs, and traces – provide ...