Splunk Search

How to transpose based on regex data to get the counts

kuul13
Engager

Hi,

I am new to Splunk. I am trying to figure out how to extract count of errors per api calls made for each client.

I have following query that i run :

`index=application_na sourcetype=my_logs:hec source=my_Logger_PROD  retrievePayments* ( returncode=Error OR returncode=Communication_Error) | rex field=message "Message=.* \((?<apiName>\w+?) -" |  lookup My_Client_Mapping client | table ClientName, apiName'

This query parses message to extract the apinames that starts with `retrievePayments`.  And shows this kind of results

ClientName  apiName

Client A          retrievePaymentsA

Client B          retrievePaymentsA

Client C         retrievePaymentsB

Client A         retrievePaymentsB

I want to see an output where my wildcard apiName are transposed and show error count for every client. 

Client      retrievePaymentsA    retrievePaymentsB     retrievePaymentsC    retrievePaymentsD

Client A  2                                     5                                             0                                         1

Client B  2                                     2                                             1                                         6

Client C  8                                     3                                             0                                         0

Client D  1                                     0                                            4                                         3

Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@kuul13 

This is a straightforward use of the chart command, see this run anywhere example

| makeresults count=20
| fields - _time
| eval ClientName=mvindex(split("ABC",""), random() % 3)
| mvexpand ClientName
| eval ClientName="Client ".ClientName
| eval apiName="retrievePayments".mvindex(split("ABCD",""), random() % 4)
| chart count over ClientName by apiName

This sets up some example data and then uses the chart command do to the tabling you need.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@kuul13 

This is a straightforward use of the chart command, see this run anywhere example

| makeresults count=20
| fields - _time
| eval ClientName=mvindex(split("ABC",""), random() % 3)
| mvexpand ClientName
| eval ClientName="Client ".ClientName
| eval apiName="retrievePayments".mvindex(split("ABCD",""), random() % 4)
| chart count over ClientName by apiName

This sets up some example data and then uses the chart command do to the tabling you need.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...