Splunk Search

How to timechart events that occurred once in the last 5 minutes and more than once in the past 24 hours

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Hello Splunkers,

The question here is straightforwarder 😛

How can I count on a timechart of events that occurred once in the last 5 minutes and more than once in the past 24 hours? The result would be a chart with each point corresponding to that time's number of events that "appears once in the last 5min and more than once in the past 24hours".

My goal is to have both a chart and a single value with a trend.

Please help!

Regards,
David

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I would create a subsearch to do this. Try this

index=YourIndex FIELD="*" earliest=-5m@m latest=@m| timechart  | stats count | where count = 1  [ search index=YourIndex FIELD="*" earliest=-24h@h latest=@h | bucket _time span=1d | stats count by _time | where count > 1]

Edit: I laughed out loud at your forwarder joke, super corny

ppablo
Retired

RE: Edit

So did I ;D

DavidHourani
Super Champion

lol shit happens when u splunk a lot..
So i tried what you wrote above the "|timechart" thing gives me an error, is there something after that's missing ?
From other posts i got the following so far:

index=MyIndex shost="*" earliest=-24h@h latest=now [index=MyIndex  shost="*"| stats latest(_time) as latest by shost| where latest > relative_time(now(), "-5min") | fields shost] | timechart span=5m count

What I'm trying to do is to check each 5 minutes how many new shost have had multiple connections in the past 24 hours and chart their number. What I'm getting is each 5 mins the behavior of the new shosts that appeared in the last 5 minutes over the past 24 hours

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...