Splunk Search

How to show the mapped field when using map

aohls
Contributor

I am attempting to use the map command and table the data. I am trying to map in values to run through the a predict function and table the results. I get 90% there except the fields that are predicted do not populate the op value.

<my search>
| table op
|map [search op=$op$ <more search stuff> ]
| timechart count as Vol, values(op) as op
| predict Vol

When doing this I get a table with multiple times, once for each op like the below:

_timeVolophigh(prediction(Vol))low(prediction(Vol))
12:0010test1127
12:0011test2148
12:1515test11711
12:1512test21510
12:30(predicted time)  1610
12:30(predicted time)  129

Any ideas why this is no populating?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try

| timechart count as Vol by op
0 Karma

aohls
Contributor

This errors out, predict can't be used if the timechart has a split by.  I have used map work around this and pass in the op, run the predict for each oue and get the data. With the output though there is no way to tell what belongs to what op.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to July and August Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Dive into our sizzling summer lineup for July and August Community Office Hours and Tech Talks. Scroll down to ...

Edge Processor Scaling, Energy & Manufacturing Use Cases, and More New Articles on ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Get More Out of Your Security Practice With a SIEM

Get More Out of Your Security Practice With a SIEMWednesday, July 31, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ETREGISTER ...