Splunk Search

How to show a table listing FIELDA values when FIELDB equals 00.000?

rayleadingham
Explorer

Hi all
I have read the documentation and tested for hours but I am somehow not grasping how searching works.

I have 7000 events with multiple fields. I would like to display a table with one column called FieldA and populate the table with the value of FIELDA for every event where FIELDB = 00.000

Examples of the things I have tried:

index=index FIELDA | table FieldA | FIELDB=00.000
index=index FIELDA where FIELDB=00.000 AS FieldA by index

Any feedback or advice on how to achieve what i am trying to do would be much appreciated. The amount of Splunk documentation is a bit overwhelming.

Thank you!!!

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

Your first attempt is close, but once you apply | table FieldA, that is the only field you have, so you can't then filter for FieldB anymore. So you need to first do the filtering and then apply the table command to only show FieldA.

index=index FIELDB="00.000" | table FieldA

View solution in original post

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

Your first attempt is close, but once you apply | table FieldA, that is the only field you have, so you can't then filter for FieldB anymore. So you need to first do the filtering and then apply the table command to only show FieldA.

index=index FIELDB="00.000" | table FieldA

rayleadingham
Explorer

This is excellent, simple and exactly what I was looking for!

Thank you!

0 Karma

deepashri_123
Motivator

Hey@rayleadingham,

You can try this:
index=index | table FieldA FieldB | where FieldB="00.000"

Let me know if this helps!!

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@deepashri, I think right way would be to get only required events from index

index=index FieldB="00.000" 
| table FieldA FieldB 

rayleadingham
Explorer

Thank you for your comments and suggestions, this works exactly like the answer that was written.

Great help and much appreciated!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...