Splunk Search

How to set variable based on token value

anthonyb90

I'm looking to set a variable (customerLabel) depending on whether the user selects "framework" or "team" from a dropdown list. The token set with the dropdown is $grouping-name$. Where am I going wrong as customerLabel is not being set with a value at all.

I've included a snippet of the code below:

| eval teamCustomerLabel=case(issueLabel="customer1", "Customer 1", issueLabel="customer2", "Customer 2", issueLabel="customer3", "Customer 3", issueLabel="customer4", "Customer 4", issueLabel="customer5", "Customer 5", issueLabel="customer6", "Customer 6")

| eval frameworkCustomerLabel=case(issueLabel="customer1", "Group 1", issueLabel="customer2", "Group 1", issueLabel="customer3", "Group 2", issueLabel="customer4", "Group 2", issueLabel="customer5", "Group 3", issueLabel="customer6", "Group 3")

| eval customerLabel=case("$grouping-name$"=="framework", frameworkCustomerLabel, "$grouping-name$"=="team", teamCustomerLabel)

| chart count(key) as "Created" over _time by customerLabel where top 50

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Set the values in your dropdown

<option value="frameworkCustomerLabel">framework</option>
<option value="teamCustomerLabel">team</option>

and use the token in the search

| eval teamCustomerLabel=case(issueLabel="customer1", "Customer 1", issueLabel="customer2", "Customer 2", issueLabel="customer3", "Customer 3", issueLabel="customer4", "Customer 4", issueLabel="customer5", "Customer 5", issueLabel="customer6", "Customer 6")

| eval frameworkCustomerLabel=case(issueLabel="customer1", "Group 1", issueLabel="customer2", "Group 1", issueLabel="customer3", "Group 2", issueLabel="customer4", "Group 2", issueLabel="customer5", "Group 3", issueLabel="customer6", "Group 3")

| chart count(key) as "Created" over _time by $grouping-name$ where top 50
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...