Splunk Search

How to set span for 1 day and 2 hours?

karthi2809
Builder

This is my query and I have some challenges in the log. The thing is my daily job will start at 11 PM. If the job runs successfully it will complete before 11:30. So I set status as success. But in case of job time out the job time out at next day at 1:30 AM. Again, the job started on the next day 11:PM and ran successfully, but now I have failure and success in same day. How can I check the event and set status as a failure?

index=xx* app_name="xxx" OR cf_app_name="yyy*" OR app_name="ccc"
|bucket _time span=1d |eval dayweek=strftime(_time,"%H")|convert timeformat="%m-%d-%y" ctime(_time) as c_time|eval Job = case(like(msg, "%first%"), "first Job", like(msg, "%second%"), "second Job", like(msg, "%third%"), "third job",like(msg, "%fourth%"), "fourth job")| stats count(eval(like(msg, "%All feed is completed%") OR like(msg, "%Success:%") OR like(msg, "%Success: %") OR like(msg, "%Finished success%"))) as Successcount count(eval(like(msg, "%Fatal Error: %") OR like(msg, "%Fatal Error:%") OR like(msg, "%Job raised exception%") AND like(msg, "% job error%"))) as failurecount by Job c_time dayweek|eval status=case((Job="fourth job") AND (dayweek=="Saturday" OR dayweek=="Sunday"),"NA",Successcount>0,"Success",failurecount>0,"Failure")| xyseries Job c_time status

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...