Splunk Search

How to separate the ordering of a chart Legend with the actual chart? 

dcroteau
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Has anyone know how to "decouple" or separate the ordering of a chart Legend with the actual chart?  I've looked at "labels" under legend, but if I change that I change the ordering of my chart

0 Karma
1 Solution

jihor
Engager

You can achieve it using 'charting.legend.labels' option.

For example,
<option name="charting.legend.labels">["create","read","update","delete"]</option>
will order reorder your CRUD operations from the alphabetical C-D-R-U to desired C-R-U-D

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jihor
Engager

You can achieve it using 'charting.legend.labels' option.

For example,
<option name="charting.legend.labels">["create","read","update","delete"]</option>
will order reorder your CRUD operations from the alphabetical C-D-R-U to desired C-R-U-D

0 Karma

dcroteau
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Jihor. Thank you very much for the response. You are correct. Charting.legend.labels will re-order the legend entries. However, it also reorders the area chart. In my customers case this is not desirable. They want to decouple the chart from the legend in terms of ordering.

0 Karma

dcroteau
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

But since it is NOT possible, I am going to accept your answer.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi dcroteau,
I don't think that it's possible to "decouple" the ordering of a chart Legend with the actual chart: the order of a chart legend is alphabetical order and at the end there are OTHER NULL and eventually Total.
Bye.
Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...