Splunk Search

How to search inside file contents of uploaded events?

Maycockk
Explorer

Hoping someone can help, reasonably new to Splunk.

I have a number of Splunk events that are uploaded small text files. Is there a way I can search inside these uploaded files explicitly? In my case they are transaction files that may be for sales or refunds. 

So for example I'd like to search though all transaction files for today to get metrics for all sales and refunds.

The in advance.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Maycockk
Explorer

Thanks Soutamo,

I had been working with one area of our product where events were coming in in json format and were automatically parsed successfully. In this case I just needed to add additional field extraction which was delimited by _ and identified source code writing file structure which gave me everything I needed in addition with the docs suggested above 100% solved. Appreciate your time! Thx

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...