Splunk Search

How to search a specific user's internet activity for a certain time range? (websites visited, search history, timestamps)

RobertKepner

I am trying to complete a request for a specific employees internet search history. I need to specify a date range, list all websites visited, and the time the searches occurred. I can't seem to get the search string right, any help would be appreciated.

0 Karma

Jarohnimo
Builder

If it's IIS just grab the ur_stem="*" and whatever is the parsed field for username and then table the results by those same fields ... also include _time

0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

A quick look at the fortigate log documentation says this probably is possible, but so much depends on exactly how you have the device(s) configured, if you have the Splunk Fortigate App installed and so on.

If you could please describe and provide a few examples of what logs you have available and perhaps what search you have that isn't working, we could potentially help you with this.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Show a sample log and maybe we can get on with helping.

0 Karma

saurabh_tek
Communicator

Hello @RobertKepner - did you manage to get this done ?

@sundareshr @woodcock
I wanted to check - if fortigate logs would be enough to get this done or something else would also be needed ?
I am also planning to achieve the same. i think if i shall make a search query out of fortigate data, i should be able to achieve this..

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

I am not familiar what those logs so I cannot say.

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

@saurabh_tek I am not familiar with the fortigate data either. If you can share a couple of events with extracted field names, we can help.

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

It would help some of the raw data and/or your current search.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...