Splunk Search

How to search a list of saved searches that are (historically) consuming high CPU, memory, and take a long time to execute?

josf999

I want a search that will list saved searches that are (historically) consuming high CPU, memory, and take a long time to execute.

0 Karma
1 Solution

sk314
Builder

The Distributed Management Console has a dashboard for a similar search.

It's under the Search Menu -> Activitiy -> Search Usage Statistics : Deployment under the title "Long Running Searches"

Also, Search Menu -> Activity -> Search Activity : Deployment under the title "Top 20 Memory-Consuming Searches"

It has a bunch of other useful dashboards.

View solution in original post

sk314
Builder

The Distributed Management Console has a dashboard for a similar search.

It's under the Search Menu -> Activitiy -> Search Usage Statistics : Deployment under the title "Long Running Searches"

Also, Search Menu -> Activity -> Search Activity : Deployment under the title "Top 20 Memory-Consuming Searches"

It has a bunch of other useful dashboards.

josf999

Thanks a lot sk314.It helped me,Now i need to find the cpu utilization for those searches too,any idea,how to append this query:

0 Karma

sk314
Builder

I am not sure if instrumentation at that resolution is possible/enabled.

0 Karma

josf999

I thought of taking the query by clicking "open in search" and appending it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...