Splunk Search

How to reference Splunk lookup question for cidrmatch?

cybersecnutant
Explorer

I have a lookup file called prefixes.csv, and it has about 5 headers:

prefix,location,description,owner
"1.0.0.0/8",usa,"corporate things", "joe schmoe"

I want to be able to reference this file so that, for example, if I am looking at firewall logs, I can ignore or , alternatively, specifically look for events where their src_ip falls into these ranges.

So for example, something like:

index=firewall src_ip=* | search NOT [ |inputlookup | field + prefix | rename prefix as src_ip]

I know that I can do something like this if I had every range expanded for single entries per IP, but is there a way to do this with cidr? I have tried doing the lookup definition route but I think I am missing something or misunderstanding something there.

Thanks in advance

__PRESENT

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

1.0.0.0/8 is a CIDR notation.  Splunk lookup fully supports it.  See Create a CSV lookup definition about how to setup "prefix" field as type CIDR.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

1.0.0.0/8 is a CIDR notation.  Splunk lookup fully supports it.  See Create a CSV lookup definition about how to setup "prefix" field as type CIDR.

0 Karma

cybersecnutant
Explorer

Looks like I just needed to set up the definition for 1 particular file that was I using for testing versus the others which already were set up. Thank you

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...