Splunk Search

How to refer to JSON array object in a Splunk search?

caagrawal

Hi,

I have a JSON data in following format. How can I access individual element of the array?

{ [-] 
    LICENSES: [ [-] 
      AFL and GPLv2+ 
      AFL or GPLv2 
      Apache 
      Apache 2.0 
 ]
}

If I write search: | table LICENSES{}, it prints all licenses, however, I want to access an individual element as in first license or 2nd license. If I do something like table LICESNES{0} or table LICENSES{}.{0} etc ..nothing works. Please help.

Tags (4)
0 Karma

asimagu
Builder

As far as I know, Splunk extracts the Json data into fields and by default the field names get the name after its corresponding trace in the Json object.

So, in your case LICENSES is a multivalue field , so in order to access each value you could do it like this

| eval firstValue=mvIndex(LICENSES,0)  | eval secondValue=mvIndex(LICENSES,1) ....

and then table the results

... | table firstValue secondValue
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...