Splunk Search

How to read a file and use the data inside in a eval function?

langanix

I am new using Splunk, sorry.
I need to separate a lot of subnets by name. I would like (txt) to read a file kind of:

10.0.1.0/16 NAME1
10.5.0.0/24 NAME2

I am using this search now : | eval org=case(cidrmatch("10.118.68.0/23",src),"NAME1", cidrmatch("10.118.103.0/26",src_ip),"NAME2") | stats by org

The question is that I have a lot of subnets and I need to simplify the query, and I wonder if is there any way to read a file in the eval function, using awk or something like that?

Thanks in advance.

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

What you need is to create a lookup table file with all those CIDR and name mapping, create a lookup transform to do cidr match. They you should be able to use lookup command to match and fetch name OR you can setup automatic lookup to get the name automatically. See this link for details.

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/5916/using-cidr-in-a-lookup-table.html

View solution in original post

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

What you need is to create a lookup table file with all those CIDR and name mapping, create a lookup transform to do cidr match. They you should be able to use lookup command to match and fetch name OR you can setup automatic lookup to get the name automatically. See this link for details.

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/5916/using-cidr-in-a-lookup-table.html

0 Karma

langanix

Thank you very much for you answer!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...