Splunk Search

How to query multiple conditions when the field name has a space

vjverma
Explorer

I need to run a query on the following lines:

index=i source=s earliest=-7W@W latest=@W | timechart span=1w count AS Overall count(eval(field1>0 )) AS F1Count count(eval("Field 2">0)) AS F2Count

The "Field 2" results in a syntax error saying "The eval expression for dynamic field '"Field 2">0' is invalid"

I can't rename the "Field 2". Is they any other way to query this data.

I could do
index=i source=s earliest=-7W@W latest=@W "Field 2">0| timechart span=1w count AS F2Count

but this requires me to run this query multiple times for each field.

Tags (3)
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Of course you can rename Field 2:

index=i source=s earliest=-7W@W latest=@W | rename "Field 2" as Field_2 | timechart span=1w count AS Overall count(eval(field1>0 )) AS F1Count count(eval(Field_2>0)) AS F2Count

Alternatively you can use single quotes in eval:

index=i source=s earliest=-7W@W latest=@W | timechart span=1w count AS Overall count(eval(field1>0 )) AS F1Count count(eval('Field 2'>0)) AS F2Count

Double quotes would make that a string that can't be compared with a number, causing that error.

View solution in original post

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Of course you can rename Field 2:

index=i source=s earliest=-7W@W latest=@W | rename "Field 2" as Field_2 | timechart span=1w count AS Overall count(eval(field1>0 )) AS F1Count count(eval(Field_2>0)) AS F2Count

Alternatively you can use single quotes in eval:

index=i source=s earliest=-7W@W latest=@W | timechart span=1w count AS Overall count(eval(field1>0 )) AS F1Count count(eval('Field 2'>0)) AS F2Count

Double quotes would make that a string that can't be compared with a number, causing that error.

vjverma
Explorer

Thank you. Worked like a charm.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...