Splunk Search

How to print a splunk variable?

satyajit7
Explorer

How to print a splunk default variable in search query? Actually I have two variables like $job.earliestTime$ and $job.latestTime$. And I want this two to use in alert so that it will give me the date range in the pdf. Can somebody please suggest. 

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

satyajit7
Explorer

@gcusello Thanks for your reply and I got solution as well.  I have looked to that doc and got some ideas. Now I'm able to print the date range in Tabular format.

My code looks like this and it's working perfectly

....|addinfo| eval startDate= strftime(info_min_time,"%Y-%m-%d")| eval endDate= strftime(info_max_time,"%Y-%m-%d")|table startDate endDate.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

satyajit7
Explorer

And I'm trying to use like this 

.....|eval startDate = $job.earliestTime$ | eval endDate = $job.latestTime$ | table startDate endDate 

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @satyajit7,

see the addinfo command (https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/SearchReference/Addinfo)

you need info_min_time and info_max_time.

ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

satyajit7
Explorer

@gcusello Thanks for your reply and I got solution as well.  I have looked to that doc and got some ideas. Now I'm able to print the date range in Tabular format.

My code looks like this and it's working perfectly

....|addinfo| eval startDate= strftime(info_min_time,"%Y-%m-%d")| eval endDate= strftime(info_max_time,"%Y-%m-%d")|table startDate endDate.

Thanks again.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @satyajit7,

good for your and see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking.

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...