Splunk Search

How to perfom math calculations

bvenom28
Engager

I am trying to figure out how to take two searches and divide their results to create a dial chart showing the percentage of breached records.

index=itsm sourcetype=sm9_incident | dedup NUMBER | search assignmentGroup="WG1555" AND isBreached="t" AND status="Closed" |stats count

index=itsm sourcetype=sm9_incident | dedup NUMBER | search assignmentGroup="WG1555" AND status="Closed" | stats count

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

MuS
Legend

Hi bvenom28,

try something like this:

index=itsm sourcetype=sm9_incident assignmentGroup="WG1555" | dedup NUMBER | eventstats count(eval(isBreached="t" AND status="Closed")) as isBreachedCount count(eval(status="Closed")) as ClosedCount | eval myPrec=isBreachedCount*100/ClosedCount | table myPrec

cheers, MuS

View solution in original post

marcoscala
Builder

bvenom28,

your searches where really not well formed:

index=itsm sourcetype=sm9_incident | dedup NUMBER | search assignmentGroup="WG1555" AND isBreached="t" AND status="Closed" |stats count

The search terms should always be places at the beginning of the search, unless you really need to filter out results based on same valued calculated in a stats or eval statement.

As correctly MuS wrote, the assignmentGroup="WG1555" condition has been placed right at the beginning, and he wisely used the "count(eval('condition')) trick to summarize values of events matching a certain condition.

marco

MuS
Legend

Hi bvenom28,

try something like this:

index=itsm sourcetype=sm9_incident assignmentGroup="WG1555" | dedup NUMBER | eventstats count(eval(isBreached="t" AND status="Closed")) as isBreachedCount count(eval(status="Closed")) as ClosedCount | eval myPrec=isBreachedCount*100/ClosedCount | table myPrec

cheers, MuS

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

bvenom28, i recommend you check out the search and reporting class offered by the Splunk EDU team, it's a good way to get started!

bvenom28
Engager

Wow that worked perfect. I have alot to learn. Thanks!!!!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...