Splunk Search

How to list of all indexes and all fields within each index?

TonyJobling

I can obtain a list of fields within an index eg.
index=bind_queries | stats values(*) AS * | transpose | table column | rename column AS Fieldnames

and a list of all indexes,
| eventcount summarize=false index=* index=_* | dedup index

But I'm struggling to successfully join the two.

Anyone know of a solution?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Give this a try (will be a painfully slow search, try to put small time range in the map subsearch)

| eventcount summarize=false index=* OR  index=_* | dedup index | map  maxsearches=1000 search="search index=$index$ earliest=-24h| fieldsummary maxvals=1 | eval index=\"$index$\" | table index field | rename field as Fieldnames "

View solution in original post

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Give this a try (will be a painfully slow search, try to put small time range in the map subsearch)

| eventcount summarize=false index=* OR  index=_* | dedup index | map  maxsearches=1000 search="search index=$index$ earliest=-24h| fieldsummary maxvals=1 | eval index=\"$index$\" | table index field | rename field as Fieldnames "

sarit_s
Communicator

Thanks
The problem is that it returns '1' in the current size column for all the indexes

0 Karma

ajobling1964

That seems to do the trick; I was not aware of the map command before. thanks.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@ajobling, if your problem is resolved, please accept the answer to help future readers.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...