Splunk Search

How to integrate Splunk with a ticketing system so if something fails, an alert triggers a webservice or email to generate a ticket?

andybadera
Engager

I have an enterprise app that of course does a lot of things. When some of these things fail, we want to either call a webservice, or possibly send an email, that generates a ticket within the IT ticketing system. (The webservice is definitely available; we're verifying whether or not email input is enabled for us.)

Are OOTB Splunk searches & alerts flexible enough to handle sending a customized email on their own, or do I need to look at a Splunk app, or possibly even polling the Splunk REST API?

The idea would be:
1. Splunk parses a log event of some type or within a specified ID range.
2. Splunk, a Splunk app, or an external app sends an email to the ticketing system that includes the body of the event, and possibly other details.

0 Karma
1 Solution

AndySplunks
Communicator

OOTB Splunk searches should be able to handle it.

I've had Splunk generate emails with content in the body of the email or attached as a CSV and then have HP Service Manager parse the data for a support request.

View solution in original post

AndySplunks
Communicator

OOTB Splunk searches should be able to handle it.

I've had Splunk generate emails with content in the body of the email or attached as a CSV and then have HP Service Manager parse the data for a support request.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...