Splunk Search

How to get the count of the field whose value is greater than 0 ?

minaljain

I have logs in Splunk which has a field named Message as Highligthed below

Date = 2019-04-09 11:43:20,946 | Level = INFO | RequestID = (null) | ErrorCode = (null) | ErrorMessage = Records details | Alert = false | Message = Manufacture:Actia;Total Records:20;Processed Records:18;Failed Records:2

I need to extract Manufacture name , total records, processed records and failed records values and get the count of the records and display it in Bar chart

Below is the query which i tried to generate the result

index ="XYZ" "Failed Records" "Manufacture:Actia" |rex field=_raw "Total Records:(?\d+);Processed Records:(?\d+);Failed Records:(?\d+)" | timechart count(total) as Total, count(processed) as processed,count(failed) as Failed

i need to get the count for the records
Total Records :20
Processed records : 18
Failed Records: 2

Please suggest.

alt text

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Step 1: get your field extractions straight globally for this sourcetype (so you don't need to do the rex). Try this:

index ="XYZ" AND sourcetype="SomeSourcetypeHere" AND "Failed Records" AND "Manufacture:Actia"
| rex "Total Records:\s*(?<TotalRecords>\d+);\s*Processed Records:\s*(?<ProcessedRecords>\d+);\s*Failed Records:\s*(?<FailedRecords>\d+)"
| timechart count AS EventCount, sum(TotalRecords) AS Total, sum(ProcessedRecords) AS Processed, sum(FailedRecords) AS Failed

Possibly, depending on how your events are generated (what they mean), you might need max instead of sum.

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion
| makeresults
| eval _raw="Date = 2019-04-09 11:43:20,946 | Level = INFO | RequestID = | ErrorCode = | ErrorMessage = Records details | Alert = false | Message = Manufacture:Actia;Total Records:20;Processed Records:18;Failed Records:2"
| extract pairdelim="|;" kvdelim="=:"
| eval _time=strptime(replace(Date,",","."),"%F %T.%3Q")

Hi, folks.
For structured logs, try extract.
Regex-free.

0 Karma

diogofgm
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

if the info in the message is a result a running process and you want to get the latest status you can use latest(*) instead of count. e.g. | timechart latest(total) as Total latest(processed) as processed latest(failed) as Failed
Count doesn't seam to make much sense to me in that context, but I might by assuming something wrong. Can you give more details about the context that log is generated?

------------
Hope I was able to help you. If so, some karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...