Splunk Search

How to get searches to run automatically after a lookup is updated instead of manually scheduling reports?

DanielFordWA
Contributor

Hi,

I have around 50-60 searches/reports that are required to run each month after a lookup is manually updated and uploaded to Splunk.

The time of the lookup update can occur between 2-7 days after the start of the next month.

I have all the queries saved as reports I could schedule.

Is there a way in Splunk to get these reports to run automatically one after another as soon as the lookup is updated, or even better, be able to set off the entire run at any time I choose?

I want to stop having to manully sechdule 50-60 reports each month as I dont know when the lookup will be updated.

Thanks,

Dan

0 Karma
1 Solution

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm not sure about your exact use case, but generally you can run stuff from the CLI so perhaps some fiddling around with this may get you what you need, if no one comes up with a better idea?

CLI Search Syntax

View solution in original post

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm not sure about your exact use case, but generally you can run stuff from the CLI so perhaps some fiddling around with this may get you what you need, if no one comes up with a better idea?

CLI Search Syntax

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...