Splunk Search

How to get percentage in stats instead of count?

zacksoft
Contributor

I am calculating number of web-calls that were served in certain seconds.
| stats count(web-calls) as web-call-count by server_response.

So, in x axis I see the seconds, and Y axis i see the number of web-calls ..in a column chart.
What we are looking for is, "Can we get the percentage of web-calls instead of count in Y-axis" ?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@zacksoft

Can you please try this?

YOUR_SEARCH | stats count(web-calls) as web-call-count by server_response | eventstats sum(web-call-count) as total | eval percentage=round((web-call-count*100/total),2) | table server_response percentage

View solution in original post

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@zacksoft

Can you please try this?

YOUR_SEARCH | stats count(web-calls) as web-call-count by server_response | eventstats sum(web-call-count) as total | eval percentage=round((web-call-count*100/total),2) | table server_response percentage
0 Karma

zacksoft
Contributor

The command works perfectly. Thank you...
If I may add one more thing, Is it possible to create buckets ..say something like 3 buckets.
Bucket 1 showing the percentage of web-calls whose response were less than a second.
Bucket 2 showing percentage of web-calls ...between 1 to 10 sec.
Bucket 3 showing ..more tan 10 sec..

May be in a column chart showing three columns as three buckets or any other way..we can visualize ???

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@zacksoft
Yes, we can eval one more filed Bucket. For this sample data and expected output will be appreciated. 🙂

0 Karma

zacksoft
Contributor
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...