Splunk Search

How to get overall stats if in a single log a particular event is missing?

Matinrokz

Hello There,

I am trying to get an overall stats for all the logs with a particular sourcetype, however in some sourcetye a particular event is missing from which i am applying a filter, for an example there are 10 (2 where test from my side, 5 success and 3 fail), if i have to filter out test there is only 1 way i.e. by locator now problem is for 'failure' locator does not get fired, hence if I apply a filter to exclude test, I am not getting stats of Failure as well, can anyone please help me how can i get overall stats by only excluding test and getting insights on both Success and fail?

below is the script which i am using.

sourcetype=book_resptime (locator!="TST*" OR locator!="TEST*") |
| stats count(book_success) AS Book, count(eval(book_success=0)) AS BookFail by connector

Thanks

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Thank you!

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please don't tag questions with an app if they're not related to that app.

0 Karma

Matinrokz

Removed the app tag

0 Karma

Super Champion

can you try like:

sourcetype=book_resptime (locator!="TST*" OR locator!="TEST*") |fillnull locator value=0| stats count(book_success) AS Book, count(eval(book_success=0)) AS BookFail by connector
0 Karma

Matinrokz

Hey Thanks for that, for Bookfail locator will not get fired, so it's not working.

0 Karma

Super Champion

so by using fillnull you can fill null values...does this solves your issue?

0 Karma

Matinrokz

no, it's not working.

0 Karma

Super Champion

if there are only 3 values then firstly you can try (locator="success" OR locator="fail")
then can you provide sample output of events

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Is this related to the Regex IDS app?

0 Karma

Matinrokz

Not exactly, but if regex IDS can help to get that desired answer will install that.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...