Splunk Search

How to get a column chart to show count between two dates??

nikitha15
Explorer

Hi everyone, hope u r all doing good.

So i have a query i am not able to figure out.I need to show a visualisation of column chart which shows each bar containing data between two dates. I'll explain it clearly. 

IMG_20200615_144333__01__01.jpg

As u can see in the picture i  attached...it shows a timeline visualisation and data between two dates 6/9/2020-6/23/2020.

In the exact same way i want to show on a column chart. So that later if i add any data between those dates for ex. On 6/15/2020 and 6/16/2020 etc....and if i overlay it , it should show me a line chart on that column chart.I hope i am clear if not plz tell me.

So the query that I used for that timeline graph is:

Index= main sourcetype= timeline | rename "beginning_date" as start_date | rename "ending_date" as end_date | eval _time= strptime(start_date, "%m/%d/%Y") | eval end_time= strptime(end_date, "%m/%d/%Y") | eval duration = (end_time - _time) * 1000 | eval duration = IF(duration < 86400000, 0, duration) | stats count by _time, duration, "target" | table _time "target" duration

so most of this query is from the timeline gallery example dashboard in Splunk. I don't think duration work with a column chart to show 6/9/2020-6/23/2020 format like this. 

I have two fields 

Beginning_date.     Ending_date

6/9/2020.                      6/23/2020

Like this and I need to show something like the below pic:

IMG_20200615_165452.jpg

It would be really helpful if anyone could help me with this. Thanks. 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

sample2:

| tstats count where index=_internal sourcetype!=splunkd*  earliest=1 by _time span=1d sourcetype
| stats sum(count) as count min(_time) as start max(_time) as end by sourcetype
| convert ctime(start) ctime(end) timeformat="%m/%d/%Y"
| eval times=start."-".end
| xyseries  times sourcetype count

column chart with stack by percentagecolumn chart with stack by percentage

View solution in original post

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

sample:

| tstats count where index=_internal sourcetype!=splunkd*  earliest=1 by _time span=1d sourcetype
| stats dc(sourcetype) as count by _time sourcetype
| xyseries _time sourcetype count

Column ChartColumn Chart 

How about this image?

0 Karma

nikitha15
Explorer

Hi...i dnt think that is the way i want it to show. I have updated my question and added a pic ...plz check. 

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

sample2:

| stats sum(count) as count min(_time) as start max(_time) as end by sourcetype
| convert ctime(start) ctime(end) timeformat="%m/%d/%Y"
| eval times=start."-".end
| xyseries  times sourcetype count

column chart with stack by percentagecolumn chart with stack by percentage

nikitha15
Explorer

Hi...ya this is working but one thing. Does this only work for _time , bcoz i have dates in a seperate field that i have created and if i give that field name it's not working. Or is it bcoz, i created that field so the dates are in a string format and not date format???can u plz help me with this 

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

Index= main sourcetype= timeline 
| eval dates=beginning_date."-".ending_date
| stats count by dates, target 
| xyseries dates target count

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/SearchReference/Eval

You can fix the rest.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...