I have this kind of data,

Event IDEvent StepStatus 
1001SUCCESS 
1002SUCCESS 
1003FAILURE 
1004FAILURE 
1005SUCCESS 
1006FAILURE 

Success Condition : When Event Steps 1,2,4 and 5 ALL are SUCCESS , then SUCESS, Else it is in PROGRESS.

Can you help me with the query to find out the same.

I have tried AND Condition, but it is not giving me correct result, because it searches for one condition only.

I have tried OR as well, but that gives me wrong count.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You need to evaluate the status of each step and recombine them into a single row per event (stats), then evaluate your success condition

| eval status1=if(step=1,status,null)
| eval status2=if(step=2,status,null)
| eval status3=if(step=3,status,null)
| eval status4=if(step=4,status,null)
| eval status5=if(step=5,status,null)
| eval status6=if(step=6,status,null)
| stats values(status1) as status1, values(status2) as status2, values(status3) as status3, values(status4) as status4, values(status5) as status5, values(status6) as status6 by event
| eval overall=if(status1="SUCCESS" AND status2="SUCCESS" AND status4="SUCCESS" AND status5="SUCCESS", "SUCCESS", "IN PROGRESS")
| table event, overall

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...