Splunk Search

How to get Chrome extension list of a user?

Engager

Hi all,

Hope you are well. I have a task about getting users'Chrome extension list with Splunk Search with queries. I couldn't figure out how can i do this. I am new on Splunk and sometimes i can ask too much questions to the community. Sorry about this.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you are somehow indexing each user's Chrome extensions then, yes, you can search them.  Splunk cannot, however, reach out to individual user computers to query them for installed software and plug-ins.  The computers would have run a script or program that collects the desired information and forwards it to Splunk.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

Engager

I supposed i can find these by searching file creation event logs. You know when a user installed an extension that extension will be installed on computer but i don't know what is the exact query for this

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You'd have to inquire on a Chrome forum about the specifics of detecting when an extension is installed.  Then ensure Splunk is monitoring the appropriate file/directory.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...